Search Engine Optimization seo
No results can be guaranteed for sure, try not to believe anyone who claims otherwise. Of course a helping hand is always useful. I strongly believe SEO should come naturally if the user is put at the centre of the design.
Users often do the hard work for SEO, let them do the link building without influencing their decision by a form of a request. Useful content are linked naturally and no need to ask your users to do it explicitly.
Aggressive or black hat strategy can be harmful, search engines such as google are working hard to identify artificial link building hence there is a penalty.
There are steps you can do though to ensure good results in the future and this is often a strategic decision
A list to follow:
- Useful content that serves a purpose written specifically for the target users not the search engine. Content is for users not the search engine.
- Hence you are targeting the search keys that your users are searching for to identify what they need and want, again it is not about the search engine, it is about the users.
- Keyword density is very important, too many words will be a problem and too little is also a problem
- Avoid and eliminate content duplication especially if a content management system is used. Look for alias, comments links within content, more than one domain pointing to the same content for example www and non www. Cpanel also creates duplicate content in terms of creating a sub domain pointing to the same folder for the add-on domain created.
- Build a meaningful url structure with meaningful anchor text, also watch out for the page title in the header as well as the actual page title in the content